Change is afoot at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center … and underfoot! We’re installing new carpeting in the exhibit galleries, and we've just opened our new exhibition, ILLUSION: Nothing Is As It Seems, which made its North American premiere on May 10. To accommodate these improvements, we’ll be moving many exhibits to new locations within the science center. Please note On The Fly and Guitar: The Instrument that Rocked the World have left the building, however all your other favorite exhibits have simply been shuffled around a bit! If you have trouble finding your favorite interactive exhibit, please ask a friendly gallery facilitator for help. Thank you for your patience as we create a more fantastic Fleet experience!
Monday, May 12, 2014
Love, Lust and Libido: The Chemistry of Sex
Birds do it. Bees do it. Even educated fleas do it ...
And we're going to do it, too, on Thursday, May 15, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Peep into the science of sex by exploring the laws of attraction, tinkering with sex toys and finding answers to questions surrounding the hot topic of sex. As always, your ticket will include complimentary food and drink samples, fascinating presentations and intriguing activities. Don't be uptight. Join the fun!
- Be tempted by sinful sips by Helm's Brewing Company, The Lost Abbey and Port Brewing Company, Aztec Brewing Company, Manzanita Brewing Company and California Fruit Wines.
- Sample bites courtesy of Lil' Piggy's BBQ, West Coast Tavern, Feast On This and Carriage Trade Catering.
- Let our scientists show you the dangerous side of a midnight rendezvous with a bed of nails and the science behind morning breath.
- Take it slow and make your own Super Slo-Mo Video, thanks to A Little Scene.
- Find out what the buzz is about—take apart adult toys to see how they work.
- Practice your sexy laugh during a sassy comedy show by Robert Timothy.
- Shake your groove thing while our DJ spins tunes.
- And be among the first to see our mind-bending new exhibition, ILLUSION: Nothing Is As It Seems.
ADVANCE TICKET PRICES:
$25 for nonmembers in advance
$22.50 for students and military with I.D. in advance
$20 for Fleet members, Fleet staff and volunteers, and Balboa Park employees in advance
Tickets at the door are $30, no discounts.
This event is open to savvy adults ages 21 and over only. I.D. is required. A cash bar features beer, wine and select cocktails.- See more at: http://www.rhfleet.org/events/science-rocks#sthash.vOfLi2y7.dpuf
- But tickets at: http://sandiego.strangertickets.com/events/14571756/science-on-the-rocks-love-lust-libido-the-chemistry-of-sex